What’s the difference between laser and plasma?
Both systems have benefits when it comes to cutting different materials. Lasers are faster and can handle intricate cuts. They’re good for thinner metals and materials like wood but can’t handle metal thicker than 25mm. Reflective surfaces also affect the focusing lens. Plasma can cut through any type of metal up to 80 mm thick at about 20 m per minute. Plasma is perfect for cutting metals with reflective surfaces like stainless steel and aluminum, which makes it ideal for HVAC. Plasma systems are generally much less expensive than laser.
Why should I buy a Fastcut machine instead of some of the others available?
- We offer the newest generation CNC plasma cutters available on the market.
- Most competitors use steel rails and cam followers for the linear motion, whereas our machines use top quality linear guideways and slides on all three axis. This means zero maintenance and frustration.
- Our machines use large, strong, rack and pinion drives while most other machines use smaller gears that will quickly wear away and cause backlash.
- The dual-drive gantry has a motor on each side that moves it along the table. Many other machines have a motor on just one side, causing the gantry to shake and “wag” when changing direction.
- We have been in business for 20 years and we build many of our components in house. There are many companies out there with very little experience, working to assemble tables with cheap overseas parts. FastCut has refined their table design to be frustration free and they will be here to support you for many years to come.
- We design our table frames to be rigid and perfectly straight. Many of the steel welded tables on the market today are built using lengths of steel that simply aren’t straight. Table frames that aren’t straight result in frustration and disappointment.
- Our software is not propriety. No annual fees or costly upgrades in order to keep your table running properly.
- The people that design and build our tables are the same people you get on the phone for technical support. Our support staff know what they are talking about.
- No two customers are the same so at FastCut we work to build the tooling package best suited for your unique business needs. We take the time to understand your business and we don’t oversell or over commit
Are these kits or complete machines?
Our machines are fully assembled, tested, then partially broken down and placed into crates. Some assembly is required when you receive a machine but our easy to follow manual makes it a breeze.
What else do I need to make this machine work?
You will need a compatible plasma cutter along with a torch and CNC interface cable. Companies such as Thermal Dynamics supply plasma cutters with those options and we can help you choose the one that is right for you. If you already have a plasma cutter and just need a torch or interface cable, we can help you with that as well.
You will also need an air compressor to run the plasma cutter. Check the plasma cutter’s specifications for air volume and pressure requirements. We also highly recommend the use of an air dryer between the compressor and plasma cutter.
How thick can it cut?
This depends mostly on the plasma cutter you choose, not the table itself. A regular air plasma cutter can cut up to 1″ mild steel, while an expensive multi-gas plasma cutter can cut up to 3″.
How fast can it cut?
Again, this depends on the plasma cutter you have more than the table. Here are some realistic real-world examples with standard air plasma:
- 14 Gauge Mild Steel – 150-270 inches per minute
- 10 Gauge Mild Steel – 95-190 inches per minute
- 1/4″ Mild Steel – 43-100 inches per minute
- 3/8″ Mild Steel – 65 inches per minute
- 1/2″ Mild Steel – 30-66 inches per minute
I’m not a computer expert, are they hard to use?
If you can surf the web and check your email, you can use our machines. The software is very user friendly and when you have a problem, unlimited support is just a toll-free phone call away.
How much is shipping going to cost?
Give us a call and tell us where you are – we will get a freight quote for you. 1-866-339-3377
How long is the warranty and what does it include?
Each machine comes with a 2-year warranty.